Friday, October 24, 2008

X Men - From a hater to an admirer

Salam Alaikum.
May you all be in the best state of health and faith.

I was wondering, man, lets write the story of my hatred-turned-love for the movie, X Men (2000).

When I was in 7th grade, a friend of mine was a movie maniac. MM, movie maniac, was a term used back then to show someone's craze for movies.
Anyhow, she had a chance to watch X-Men somwhere. Her father brought it or her brother, doesnt matter anyway!
She came to me and asked if I have seen it. My answer was, with no surprise, in negative.

Cos I didnt care for movies much. She told me that there is a handsome mutant in the movie who has blades in his hands. And I was like,"Who in the world falls for a bladed mutant?"

That proved my friend's REAL insanity. Well, she was a teen, I dont blame her. But still, A mutant with blades in his hand, are u kidding me? And she called him handsome and praised him as if he was some Prince Charles.

Anyways, I wanted to discover who he was, but lack of sources wouldnt allow me. After 2-3 years, a channel called MBC2 showed the movie. And as X-Men had a hype, there was no chance I would miss it.

All my siblings watched it. They liked it too, but me, nah. I still hated it. Specially that bladed Mutant wolverine, which was his name.
Time passed. And with time, i myself became a movie maniac. I started to watch 5 movies a week, must. As if it was some dose for me. That I dont take it, i'll die. Not die but wont live quite easily either.

Then my routine became one movie a day.
From The Godfather to The Dark Knight, I have watched about a 1000 movies I guess.
Be it a chickflick or a solid action packed ride, I have seen it.

Recently MBC2 showed X-Men again. In those days, my sister was at home on vacations. I asked her if she wants to watch it but she said, I have better things to do, hehe.

Well, I decided to get my pop-corns ready, cos I dont know why, but I started to have a thing for action movies.

It begin, believe it or not, I LOVED it. Absolutely adored the whole movie. The plot was amazing, acting was superb (Halle Barry excluded) and well well, the bladed mutant....
He was awesome. I realised it quite late, but yes, he was truly nice.

Specially when his blades came out the first time, my whole body got chilled and I was thinking,"It hurts! ouch..."

About 6 years ago, i gave this movie a 4 out of 10. But after watching it, with some knowledge of movies, acting and media, i give it a 9.
The only point I cut is because of Halle Barry's acting. Which was, lets say, poorly bad.

Specially her infamous dialogue to the not-so-good Toad,"Do you know what happens to a toad when its struck by lightening..??" Then the well-known-poor-toad gets struck. Storm, Hally Barrey, says,"The same thing that happens to everything else..."

I mean, are you kidding me? Dammit people, OF COURSE lighting would hurt the toad, it wont turn him into King of England of course.

Well, never mind these little things.
The X Men Trilogy is awesome. And I really do believe I have been missing alot for not enjoying it for so long.
GOD bless u all.
Fi aman ALLAH

No comments: